We are in urgent need to find homes for 9 horses from the George Farm rescue. If you are interested in any of the horses listed below please contact Ginger at email@example.com
- Mare: Luna (Boarding with Michelle Putney at MK2 Farms in Elmira NY) Luna is about 5-8 years old and functionally Blind. Otherwise healthy. She is bonded with
her mother, Izzy.
- Mare: Nalla (Fostering with John Carter Olean NY) When the vet was out to the Foster, they felt she was between 7/8 years old. She is 15 hands. She most likely has had several foals. She is up to date on shots and wormings. Her feet are in good shape…….good getting fronts done but has had to be sedated for rears. Was terrified to be stalled but now enjoys being in one. Was also terrified of any type of handles….like pitch forks…..shovels, etc but now walks past very calmly. She was horribly herd bound and we are past it now and you can lead her away with halter ….good on halter…..leads and backs. Now takes treats from hand…..carrots…..apples. Her legs are very clean with no bumps etc. Very quarter horse built. Strong chest and large rear. Enjoys being brushed and combed. Loves attention and she would excel if she had a person to work with her daily. Beautiful Dun with rare primative markings of Dorsal Stripe on back and faint Zebra stripes on legs. Sound but not broke.
- Isabella (“IZZY”) (Boarding with Michelle Putney at MK2 Farms in Elmira NY) We need a home for this horse fast! Isabella is beautiful. She has her shots and she is about 8 to 10 years old. We can’t say how many hands she is – but is larger with a beautiful build. A vet recently evaluated and sedated for the Farrier. She has fluid in the stifle joint (like our knee) of her right rear leg. This is a form of early arthritis. She has taken well to her foster home and did not act up or spook with three toddlers running around. She remained steady and footed without any agitation. She may need sedation at first for farrier work. Not sound for trail riding. Bonded to what we believe to be her blind daughter, Luna.
- Layla (with Foster Melanie Bubaker) This mare is a work in progress and thankfully she no longer pins her ears, she no longer tries to bite, kick or strike. She is better about quick movement around her sides and hind quarters, no longer steps away from things touching her. She no longer feels the need to defend herself against people. That she ever felt the need to is sad! This mare now tries so hard to please…she still has moments when a little “panic” shows, but she controls her reaction to it 100% better now. She calms back down quickly. Instead of avoiding people, she seeks them out for attention. She has come a long way! We do not know if she was broke at some point.
- Aurora. Went into training on November 6, 2016 with Sarah Koch. This horse is absolutely stunning but undisciplined. Beautiful and fast mover, sound and just a total looker. The trainer will work with her intensively to see if she can be broke quickly. She is about 15 hands. She needs to be main lined sedated for a farrier as of now. Trailers in open stock. She is pushy and untrained. She is fine until you ask anything of her. We had a trainer do an initial assessment. She needs daily and assertive training. She is haltered and can be lead. Not for a beginner.
- “Gem” 7-10 yr old Sorrel mare. 14.1 hands very stocky build like a QH. She gets along great in the pasture with both mares and geldings. She has had 30 days training. Ground work and has been ridden about 5 times. I would expect her to excel in a ranch horse type program. She’s very quick on her feet. Is good for the farrier. Very clean in her stall! 🙂 Has never tried to bite, kick, or be nasty in any way.
- “Kadence” 7-10 yr old Brown and White Paint mare. 15 hands she tries to be the boss in the pasture. She has had about 70 days training. Ground work was done extensive on her as she was very pushy and no manners. She has about 20 days of riding on her. She will walk, trot. However she doesn’t like to bend to the left as I have found a lump by her throat latch, it seems to put pressure. She is good for the farrier. She is also clean in her stall. She has an attitude when outside and bringing her into her stall but once she is caught her attitude changes.
- Raven 10-12 years old. She is with Lindsey Kilmer Childs. Very nice horse, stands for work on her feet. Sweet disposition. Has been ridden bareback.
- # 10. Horse with Adopter who tried to sell her and no longer wants her. Do not know name but am trying to get information. NO PICTURE YET. A little arthritic in back legs, children have sat on her. Friendly.